Quiet Music and Sunshine

 We don’t get as much sun here in upstate NY as we do in Florida.  I did think I’d be dodging rain drops more than I have, but in less than two weeks we’ll be heading back.  I’m smoking my Estate Dunhill pipe while listening to quiet music.  I thought I’d be smoking this pipe less, but after we get back, I’ll have access to my other pipes.  

I’ll also have access to more tobacco choices.  I no longer store tobacco as I once did having smoked all I had.  I just didn’t want my family to worry about it all if anything should happen to me.  I feel the same way about my pipes.  The less they have to concern themselves the better.  I have my eye on a couple of Doctor Grabow pipes I might add to my collection.  

I don’t need more pipes and in my old age I am consolidating as much as I can.  I buy tobacco in bulk and pretty much smoke what I buy.  I don’t want family to sort through a lot of my stuff if anything should happen to me.  Simplification is best.  I find I’m buying a lot less stuff these days and still working on getting rid of a lot of stuff.  

Besides which, we are on a limited income and want to no longer be consumers.  This happens to people as they get older.  Conservation is best.  I don’t know how many tobacco storage containers I have, but according to my wife I have too many.  Sometimes I buy as many as four or five bulk tobaccos a month, but I try to stick to just one or two depending on what I want.  I have tried many blends but tobacco companies are always coming out with specialty blends. I’ll try them if available and if not I’ll order my favorites.  

In my old age I am finding simplicity is best.  I’m looking forward to smoking my pipe in the Florida sunshine.  We have had a number of over cast days here in NY.  My wife just commented it is a little chilly here on the deck today.  I’m getting ready to get back to Florida.  I have two unopened packages of tobacco I’ll take back with me to Florida.  It’s only six ounces of bulk which will last me until my next bulk order.  I smoke about 18-20 ounces of tobacco a month.  Well, those are my thoughts this afternoon as we start thinking about going back.  Thank you for your time and Peace and Love to each one of you.

Dave  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pipes and Other Things

About Good Vs. Evil

It’s About Time